Friday, September 11, 2026

Purple Line Progress

 

It's been a few months, so it is time for an update on the purple line.  Officially the route is over 92% complete and on schedule for a late 2027 opening. Last update is here. The status of the Spring Street Bridge as of early last year is here. I think it is really useful to compare photos over time. One of the big recent changes has been the installation of the overhead power wires.

 Here is Bonifant Street right outside of Kefa Cafe. The road is still difficult to navigate, like it has been for the past several years.

Wayne Avenue is much improved, but traffic lanes are still mixed up, with only one lane in each direction available.

One side of the Silver Spring Library station, with the library on the right.

 

Shall I make you guess where this is or should I just tell you?  

It is the much delayed Spring Street Bridge. Still closed but much improved.

 

Another look at the Spring Street bridge, this time from below. It looks almost done, doesn't it.  I don't want to get my hopes up, but maybe? 


 From the Jone's Mill Road overpass looking towards Bethesda.

From the Jone's Mill Road overpass looking towards Silver Spring.

All photos taken September 6, 2026.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment